Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh "Honey"!!!!



Okay, so I remember now why I hated cows!!! Brett returned home today from hunting elk with my father. Upon his arrival he received a phone call that there was a cow in the canal. Yes, we could not miss a chance to be superheros! Wonder woman has nothing on me!!! Once we arrived we noticed that cow was not stuck,it was tightly embedded clear to the shoulders in the cement like mud! You know, something like what happens when you see a cow stuck in the mud! I let "Honey" know that everything was going to be OK and that we would get her out. YES, I named the cow. Brett kept answering I had to inform him I was talking to "Honey" the cow! After about 2 1/2 hours of mooooving her this way and that ( drum roll please!) we got her clear and free from that treacherous, dangerous crocodile infested water!! ( Okay, no crocodiles but it makes for a better story.) Yeah, with no help from "honey' she was free! I know you are all thinking what a happy ending to a story! All I can say is that the coyotes will be eating well tonight! But, "Honey" will live on in my heart forever! Oh, and if you were wondering YES as the shirt says I volunteered for this! FYI it wasn't even our cow!

7 comments:

Christin Bott said...

Ok, you got a good hearty lol(that means laugh out loud just in case you aren't down with the hip lingo...) Glad you got pictures to document the mooooving experience!

Knight Family said...

Can't believe that you didn't try to do CPR or something on that poor cow. It had so much to live for, how can you sleep at night knowing that "Honey" died. I do have to give you some credit "wonder woman" at least you tried and you even had a smile on your face.

Jessica said...

You haven't changed a bit... except for the fact that when we were in High School I distinctively remember you telling me you would never marry a farmer. I can't quit giggling!!! HEHE!! Dana - the "cow whisperer." I luv ya!!

Wilson Family said...

You are way nicer than me. I probably would have sent Abbi and Josh. Cute blog by the way.

Kirsten said...

You are the woman and you know it. Even though you say you hate cows you still are a soft hearted person to want to save a poor helpless animal. And then you have to go and kill it, just joking. Your blog is way cute as well as you family.

Bandi Olsen said...

Dana, you've been tagged, go to my blog to find out what to do...sorry!

Petersen Kids said...

Hey Dana! It's Brooke. I forgot how cute you were! I have not seen you in forever! I'm sorry about your cow. Only someone as tough as you could do something like that. I mean, you are just so dang strong. I mean, is there anyone as strong as you? Or stronger? I think you know what I'm getting at!